Sensitive and intolerant skin reacts more than normal skin; it is hyper-reactive. It feels tingling, heating, stinging and even sometimes itching.
Sometimes combined with redness, these sensations of discomfort are exaggerated in reaction to various kinds of stimuli that normally do not trigger irritation. They may be physical (UV radiation, hot or cold weather, wind, etc.), chemical (cosmetics, soaps, water, pollution, etc.), psychological (stress, emotions, etc.) or hormonal (menstrual cycle, etc.).
Tips and recommendations
- Opt for high tolerance skincare products: fragrance-free, preservative-free, and surfactant-free.
- Apply a soothing mask once a week to deeply soothe and moisturise your skin.
- Avoid too much sun exposure.
Mostly common in women with fair, fragile and fine skin. These skin symptoms are caused by an abnormality in the face's venous system which no longer works normally. This causes heating sensations together with temporary redness. This phenomenon may gradually worsen and give way to permanent redness and small visible vessels and capillaries.
Aggravating factors include sudden temperature changes (cold - hot) as well as alcohol and hot or spicy foods.
Tips and recommendations
- Visit a dermatologist
- To cleanse your face morning and evening, choose non-rinse lotions over foaming gel textures that require rinsing. Harsh tap water may increase your skin sensitivity and redness.
- Once or twice a day, apply a high-tolerance moisturiser containing active ingredients that will help reduce redness and relieve sensations of heat. Favour fragrance-free, preservative-free, and surfactant-free options.
- Sun exposure can aggravate redness and overheating feelings. Avoid too much sun exposure and always use a sun care with a high protection factor (SPF50+).
- Avoid hot and spicy foods, alcohol and sudden temperature variations.
Formulated for all skin type even sensitive. The Nuxe Clarifying CreamMask with rose petals clarifies the complexion and purifies the skin. Finally it also mattifies, helps reduce excess of sebum while tightening pores. Skin is clarified, cleaned and shine-free.
Formulated for very sensitive to intolerant skins, the Tolederm Hydra-Soothing Cream guarantees maximum tolerance from the skin. The cream also aids in calming irritations and soothes the skin thanks to the combination of algae polyuronides and Uriage thermal water. Finally it also moisturises and restores skin comfort levels.